Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I'm Leavin' On A Jet Plane...

On the 12th, which is NEXT WEEK, I am headed to Piura, Peru for 3 weeks.  I am going to be working with an animal scientist and an agronomist from the University of Piura in developing and planting a farm like the one I had designed for USU (see post).  Piura seems like a pretty cool town.  Its population is a little under 400,000 and it is one of the oldest cities in South America.  In fact, it is the oldest Spanish city in South America, founded by Pizarro and his band of pillagers in 1532.  It was the port through which stolen Inca gold was shipped back to Spain.  Peru is also the source of 2/3 of the world's cocaine.  Interesting fact, though I will not be planting any coca plants on the farm...  Anyway, be sure to check back over the next few weeks for updates and photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment